Delivery & Charges
Before you place your order
Shipping Options & Rates
Where do we Ship To?
We ship to all provinces in Canada. Some remote locations may require additional shipping charges.
What are your shipping options and shipping rates?
At Toys"R"Us, we try to offer you the least expensive shipping rates.
To achieve this goal, we have obtained the service of these shipping carriers (Purolator, CornerStone and Canada Post). When you place items in your shopping cart and place the order, it calculates the shipping cost based on the below information, the shipping method you selected and the destination of your items. At checkout, you will be prompted to choose a shipping method. However, some items can only be shipped using the Standard shipping option.
Your total shipping will be calculated automatically during checkout prior to the completion of your order. Shipping costs for orders are based on the total order weight. You will be provided with your order's actual total shipping cost during checkout.
Shipping policies and delivery windows are subject to change.
- Regular Shipping - Order arrives 3-5 business days after it has shipped. *Please note regular shipping for rural areas and postal offices is 7-10 business days after it has shipped.
- Express Shipping - Order arrives 1-2 business days after it has shipped.
Each shipping method has its own restrictions and charges that will be applied to your order and are based upon a simple calculation of order processing time and actual shipping time in business days. Please note that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays in Canada.
Oversized items may incur a delay in shipping as there will be special delivery requirements. This delay will be noted in the tracking details of your order. These products cannot be expedited.
Please note we cannot ship larger items to a PO Box number. If we are unable to complete the delivery of your order to the address provided, we will contact you to verify the shipping information.
For select items, we offer an Estimated Delivery Date during checkout. An Estimated Delivery Date is a calculation of several factors, including item availability, processing time in our warehouse, the shipping method you select and the shipping destination. When we can accurately calculate Estimated Delivery Dates, we'll provide them to you during checkout, as well as in your Order Confirmation email and in the My Account section on the website. Please note that Estimated Delivery Dates are estimates only, and are not guaranteed.
- Some oversized items may only have the standard freight option and might take up to 7-14 business days after leaving our warehouse. The delivery fee includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or appartement. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is there to accept it.
Are there any rules and restrictions I should know about?
Please be aware of the following:
- Orders are shipped on business days only. Business days are Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding federal holidays in Canada.
- All orders shipping to a Post Office Box or Rural Route addresses will be delivered via Canada Post. Delivery of oversized items directly to customers in certain remote locations may not be possible or may incur additional delivery charges. In these instances, a customer service representative will contact you to discuss the handling of your order.
- Please allow for additional shipping and handling time for all oversized products shipping via a freight trucking company. These products cannot be expedited.
- Certain products we carry are not permitted for sale to addresses in the Province of Quebec under the following terms of The Charter of the French Language, "Toys or games, except those referred to in section 52.1, which require the use of a non-French vocabulary for their operation are prohibited on the Quebec market, unless a French version of the toy or game is available on the Quebec market on no less favourable terms".
- The delivery fee for freight item includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or appartement. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is there to accept it.
Calculating Your Delivery Date: Pre-Order Items
Pre-Order items are available for purchase on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website in advance of the manufacturer's general public release date. Pre-Order items are shipped directly to you once the stated release date arrives and you will be notified of your order status via email. You will not be charged for any item until it is shipped to you. Your order will ship within 1-2 business days after the release date. Release dates may vary based on the manufacturer.
How can I tell if an item is Available?
If an item is available on our site, you will see a green "Add Item to Cart" box on the right hand side of the product detail page. You should also note the "Availability" section, just above the "Product Detail" section. You will be able to see if the item is "In-Stock", and how long it takes to leave the warehouse should you choose to purchase it.
If you do not see the green "Add Item to Cart" box, the item is temporarily out of stock and cannot be ordered at that time. You do have the option however to add an out of stock item to your Baby Registry or Wish List!
What carriers are used in shipping Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us orders?
At www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca we use the following carriers to ship your orders: Canada Post and Purolator Courier. All carriers deliver Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. Signature is required for all Canada Post shipments that contain high value items.
If you are not at home the carrier will leave an "Attempted Delivery" notice to let you know that they will try again, or that the package is available for pick-up at your local depot. If you prefer to "fore go" the signature required option with the carrier, please sign the back of the "Attempted Delivery" notice and leave visible in your door. The carrier will take this as acceptance of liability in case of lost or damage to the delivery. Customer with an appartement number as a delivery address, may received 1 attempt delivery and up to 3 phone attempts. The attempt delivery will not be left on the appartement door.
Does "Free Shipping" promo apply to all items?
Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us offers No Charge Shipping on select items through out the site. Offer applies to selected items. On some products, special handling fees may still apply. If your order contains items that are ineligible for "Free Shipping" promo, you will be charged for those items. We reserve the right to change or discontinue "Free Shipping" promo at any time.
Do you have any items that will have additional shipping charges?
Some of our merchandise requires additional shipping time and surcharges. These exceptions are noted on the product detail page for each applicable item.
Can I order an item on www.toysrus.ca / www.babiesrus.ca and ship it to an international address?
At this time, we do not have the ability to have orders placed on Toysrus.ca shipped to international addresses.
If I choose Express Shipping, will I get my order the next day?
It depends... Your order needs to be placed and dropped into our warehouse system early in order for it to ship the same day. It usually takes several hours for your order to drop into the warehouse system, so a good rule of thumb is to allow at least 2 hours for that to occur. If you miss this timeline, your order will be processed that day but will not ship out until the next business day. Also, please note that there are no weekend pick-ups or deliveries so you'll need to take that into consideration as well.
How are oversized items handled?
Due to their size and weight, oversized items must be shipped using a freight trucking company. Expedited shipping is not available therefore they are shipped via ground freight. Oversized items usually arrive 7-14 full business days after leaving our warehouse. If you have ordered other products, they will be shipped separately. Sending this item as a gift? Please include the recipient's phone number. Recipient will receive a call to set up a delivery date (Monday to Friday, 9am till 5pm, excluding Holidays).
It's important to note that the freight trucking company is not responsible for carrying the item inside. The delivery fee includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or apartment. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is available. Since the item is likely to be heavy and large, we recommend that you have someone with you to help you unload the item.
What happens if a package is returned to you because it is undeliverable?
Every once in a while, we will have a package returned to us because it was undeliverable. When this occurs, we will issue a full refund for the price of the product plus taxes. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
Why would a package be returned to you as undeliverable?
We can receive packages as undeliverable for the following reasons:
- Incorrect address information. Address must be entered as follows:
- Street Address Or PO Box
- Postal Code
- Failed delivery attempts or the item was not picked up from the local depot within 5 business days.
- Refused by the recipient.
After you place your order
Tracking Your Order
How can I find the status of my order?
To find the status of your order:
- Select the "Track my Order" link at the bottom of any page.
- If you already have an account, sign in under the Registered Customers section, and click the order number to view additional information about the order.
- If you are not a registered customer or if you don't want to sign in, type your Order Number and Postal code under the "View Order Details" section. You may view information about your most recent orders (including tracking information), as well as past orders you've placed on Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us.
- After your order is shipped a tracking number, if available, will be displayed. Depending on the method of shipment and the carrier, you can click on the tracking number to view the delivery status of your order. A shipping carrier may not have the ability to provide a tracking number for up to 48 business hours.
We will also email you up-to-date information about the status of your order.
If you need to contact our shipping carriers, please find their contact information listed below:
Canada Post: www.canadapost.ca, 1-800-267-1177
Purolator Courier: www.purolator.ca, 1-888-744-7123
Occasionally, orders are delivered via a carrier that does not offer the ability to track a package. In these rare instances, "Order Status / Tracking" on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website will not offer tracking information, but will still offer order status and other details. Please read the information below to learn the difference between tracking information and order status.
When can I track my order?
Tracking numbers are assigned to packages at our warehouse almost immediately, and appear in the "Order Status / Tracking" area of our website with your order information. However, it may take up to 48 hours or longer before the package is checked into the carrier's tracking system. Please note that this means even though your package has left our warehouse, the carrier may not be able to provide any information about your package for up to 48 hours or more.
Orders placed on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website may be delivered by one of several different carriers and shipping methods. Therefore, tracking availability may vary depending on the type of item you purchased, the shipping method you selected during Checkout, and the carrier that is delivering your item(s).
My order is late, what can I do about it?
If you are having any problems with your order, please check the order status in My Account. If the item is showing as shipped, you can track your package with the carrier using the tracking number provided.
Please note that Estimated Delivery Dates are estimates only, and are not guaranteed. Due to many factors, Estimated Delivery Dates can also change between the time you place the order and receive an order confirmation. We do our best to provide accurate estimates and provide you with several other resources for tracking your order, such as order detail and tracking links.
Orders that are shipped via a trackable method (such as Purolator) will have tracking information available in My Account. Please check this information if available and read through the following options:
- If the tracking information indicates the package has been delivered, please check with your neighbors or family members. Packages are occasionally left with neighbors, a building manager, or are placed somewhere relatively safe such as your porch, garage, or even behind bushes.
- If the tracking information indicates the package is being returned to us, or if the address is incorrect, it may have been undeliverable.
Finding Your Order Status
Find the status of your order by:
- Checking your email: You entered an email address during checkout. We will email this address to keep you up-to-date about the status of your order.
- Visiting the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website: Go to our website and click on My Account at the top of any page. If you already have an account, sign in under the Registered Customers section. If you are not a registered customer or if you don't want to sign in, type your order number and billing postal code under the Order Status section. You may view information about your most recent orders (including tracking information), as well as past orders you've placed on Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us.
Email About Your Order
After you place your order, you will receive e-mails about your order status. Below are some examples of e-mails you might receive:
- Order Confirmation: This e-mail confirms that we have received your order, and includes your order number. We recommend that you keep this e-mail for your records.
- Shipment Confirmation: This e-mail confirms that your order, or part of your order, has been shipped. If there were any remaining items in your order that were not shipped you will receive an e-mail confirming the shipment of each item. The arrival time of your order depends on the shipping method selected, the item itself, and the destination address specified for the item.
- Important Notice About Your Order: There are a few reasons why you would receive this e-mail, including: difficulty in processing your order, inability to ship your item(s) to the address provided, or cancellation of order.
Delivery of Your Items
The delivery date of your order depends on when the order leaves our warehouse, where the destination address for the item is, and the shipping method.
Please keep in mind that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays within Canada. You can read more about delivery times and shipping options on our Shipping Methods and Costs page.
When your order is delivered, you should immediately inspect the carton for any potential damage that may have occurred during shipment. Carefully inspect the packaging, as well as the contents of the package.
It's important to note that the freight trucking company is not responsible for carrying the item inside. The delivery fee includes the delivery of the item to the garage or the main entrance. The item will NOT be delivered in the house or appartement. For delivery in apartment building, the delivery might be left at the main door of the building, if a concierge is available. Since the item is likely to be heavy and large, we recommend that you have someone with you to help you unload the item. You will be contacted after the item ships to arrange a delivery date and appointment window. Your order will be delivered inside the threshold of your residence or garage.
Changing or Cancelling Your Order
After you have clicked "Submit", you may be able to cancel your entire order. Simply click on the link in your Order Confirmation email, or click on the Track My Order link on the website to view your order. If your order can be cancelled, you will see a "Cancel Order" button beside the order.
Please note you have a very limited amount of time in which to cancel your order, as our system is designed to fill orders and get them on their way as quickly as possible. At that time, you are unable to cancel or change part of your order.
Your credit card will not be charged if you cancel an order, however if you used a Gift Card to pay for your order, you may not receive credit back for a time period of up to 3 to 5 business days. You will receive an email confirming that a credit has been processed to the original form of payment.
Cancellations Due to Order Processing Difficulties
Occasionally an order or part of an order may be cancelled for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- The item(s) are not available.
- Your payment information could not be verified.
- The shipping address could not be verified.
If your order is cancelled, you will receive an important notice regarding your order via e-mail, which will explain the reason for the cancellation. You will not be billed for any cancelled items